Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baked Lemon-Herbs de Provence Mushrooms

The Single Serving!
      So I have been on a serious hiatus because I have been traveling almost straight since Christmas and I find it's nearly impossible to cook on the road. I am constantly dodging fast food while abroad, even though it definitely tastes better than the American counter-parts, and trying my best to live on a grant-based budget. But finally hope, and I really wanted to try these Baked Lemon-Thyme Mushrooms that I found on Pinterest (naturally). However, as per usual I think I have all of the ingredients, and then a quick scan in my cupboards tells me I am sadly mistaken. These are obviously supposed to be made with thyme not herbs de provence, but since the latter has thyme, amongst other lovely flavors, and I had it in my spice closet, that it what I went with. Also, I used my only fresh lemon to make my lemon-mint-cucumber water so I used lemon juice instead. This made a very lovely side dish to my one-pot pasta with mozzarella.


Simple list of ingredients
Place sliced mushrooms on baking sheet, close together so to spread mixture evenly
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top after 10 minutes
The perfect side dish

Baked Lemon- Herbs de Provence Mushrooms Recipe:
     Ingredients-
    2 tbs, lemon juice
    1 tbs, dried herbs de Provence
    3 tbs, olive oil
    1 container, mushrooms (I used pre-sliced)
    4 tbs, grated Parmesan cheese
    few pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper


     How To-
Heat the oven to 400 degrees.

Combine the lemon juice, herbs de Provence, and olive oil in a bowl and reserve. Clean and slice the mushrooms (or may already be pre-sliced) and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure the mushrooms are close together so you don't waste the sauce topping. Slowly drizzle with the mixture and season with salt and pepper.

Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the mushrooms and return to the oven for another 5 minutes. You may add some more lemon juice at the end for taste.

Enjoy!

Thoughts:
I can't see how the original ingredients that I substituted for would have made much of a difference in flavor or taste. These were perfectly baked and would make a lovely side dish or on top of pot of pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment