Sunday, March 3, 2013

Easy Peezy Peanut Sauce

The Single Serving
Peanut Sauce- one of cooking's best kept secrets. The sauce takes less than 10 minutes to create and you can use it on any number of dishes. I actually discovered this recipe while I was in South Africa (not South African by nature, but when you don't have an oven or a stove top, you have to get crafty).

Table Mountain Conquered!
I use this whenever I am out of ideas and I have some noodles or pasta lying around. I do prefer it it with stringy types of noodles like udon or lo mein noodles. My dad just got me this nifty little cast iron sauce pot, so this was its maiden voyage.
The Ingredients
Press that garlic hard
looks murky
Add the peanut butter
It's melting!!
All mixed and ready to go
Peanut Sauce Recipe:
     Ingredients-
    1/3 cup or two big scoops with a soup spoon, peanut butter
    1 clove, garlic (pressed or chopped)
    2 tbs, lime juice
    2 1/2 tbs, soy sauce
    1/3 cup, water

How To-
Literally you just melt the ingredients together over a hot stove top. On medium high, mix all ingredients except PB into saucepan. When it gets to be more hot, add peanut butter (this is just so that the PB starts to melt immediately) and keep stirring periodically.  Within 5 minutes, all ingredients should be melted and you have a sauce!
Enjoy!

Thoughts:
I am actually getting hungry thinking about this sauce while I write this. It is super tasty and easy and goes with so many things.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Teeny,

    This Recipe is also taught at NOLS, healthy, high calorie, easy.

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete